Geez the movie was almost completely different from the book!! It was kind of hard to imagine they're even related, and don't get me started on the end! What was with that!? It was nothing like the book! How is Ender's brother going to take over he world? How does Valentine have such a big impact on what happens? All of it was just missing.
Other things I noted being different:
- Characters are older, nor are they as ruthless. Probably for the best, it was uncomfortable to read about, let alone watch. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was odd by how violent Orson's 'children' were.
- Bean is there from the beginning.
- No one is running around naked, thank goodness - don't know about you guys but I did not want to watch a bunch of prepubescent boys running around starkers. Glad I also wasn't the only one who thought it was odd how many naked scene's there were in the book, I swear they spent half the time with no clothes on :/
- Ender is quite a big kid in the movie, he's meant to be tiny and almost 4 years younger than everyone else.
- Ender didn't have to fight his way to the top, nor prove himself. Every commander Ender had in the book he had to physically or verbally fight, this time he only did it once. Otherwise he seem to skim through with no issues.
- Different insults were used, didn't remark/insult any physical characteristics or make any sexual remarks.
- The boy doesn't give the same blessing in the movie as he did in the book - actually in the movie I don't get why he's friends with any of the people he was originally close with in the book. They barely talked.
- In the book Ender has most of the original ideas, in the movie the others come up with the majority.
- The shrink - Anderson? is played by a women (How to get away with murder)
- Ender didn't start his own little rebellious group before coming commander of the Dragons, nor did they fight any fights, except for the one that is at the end of the book, just before Enders calls it quits.
- People who weren't in Ender's Dragon army in the book, are there in the movie.
- Ender didn't turn into a giant dick when he became in charge, also they used completely different tactics in the final game (if i recall correctly) and the line was clearly visible.
- No weird naked fight scene.
- The adults weren't as scheming in the movie, and they appeared to be more supportive, if idiots.
- Earth scene was completely different, for one they skipped the first scene.
- Speaking of earth, where is team Vi and Peter? Aren't they meant to be taking over the world by now? Earth isn't even really on anyone's radar in the movie.
- Face tattoos!! Ender doesn't attack teacher ruthlessly. And the teacher is much more forth coming with information and his identity.
- The final battle screen is different, I believe in the book is was described as little square boxes, like pixels that stood in for the enemy ships. Enders team also didn't fall apart, and he didn't loose there friendship. The end battle itself was different.
- The whole ending was nothing like the book. Nothing like.
So yeah, these aren't even all the differences I noted while watching, jut the ones I can recall now. It has to me never been this obvious the difference between a book and movie before. I don't know how anyone who watched the movie knew what on earth was happening or why because they skipped out on so much information and scenes.
End thought: Movie was shit.