Final thoughts for Rapture In Death

Rapture in Death - J.D. Robb, Susan Ericksen

Why do authors seem to feel the need to make their main character soooo awesome by make their friends less so? I've seen this a few times now, and I have to say it drives me slightly batty! Its okay for the main character to have flaws, she also doesn't have to always out shine all her friends, you know they're actually meant to be there for you to lean on when you need it, not there only when they need someone else to learn on, especially if you have your own drama going on, and your about to collapse from all the stress and your own concerns, otherwise there not really a very good friend are they? Its meant to be a mutual thing. Though I do quite like Peabody, even with her constant habit of drooling over men (which can add much amusement to a usually awkward or tense situation/s) Dr. Mira, is also pretty rad, who attempts to be their for Eve in her own doctor-ry way.

Oh and on a side note, Eve reaction to that situation between her and Roarke was ridiculous, unless she plans on having her meltdown later, Roarke (possibly) told Eve horrid stuff about himself as well, (or maybe it was about his father? it was a bit confusing) and she didn't even bat an eyelid, Sheesh Roarke had a bigger reaction and he's the king of cool, calm and collected!

So once again, a mainly enjoyable story. But the personalities and reactions where a bit off on occasion, mainly in relation to Eve.